Contact Hours: 2 – 6
The Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) is built upon community-based risk and protective factors, which promote youth development, reduces risk-taking behaviors, builds assets and resiliency, and prevents problem behaviors across the lifespan.
This training will examine the five ‘pedals’ of the SPF flower as well as sustainability and cultural competency, which are threads that run through each pedal. Attendees will also have an opportunity to network with peers to further develop relationships and strengthen the community’s prevention network.
This training can be adapted as an overview for new community partners or be presented as a more in-depth review for those already familiar with the Strategic Prevention Framework.
At the conclusion of the training participants will:
- Understand the importance of having a planned prevention process
- Know the relationship of each of the SPF phases
- Demonstrate their understanding of the SPF phases
- Have a strengthened understanding of cultural competency’s importance
- Network with others to share ideas and strengthen collaboration
*For a more in-depth training of SPF, please see the Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST)