Contact Hours: 6-48
The Foundations Series is designed as an overview of the field of prevention and provides an excellent foundation for practitioners both new and old. The course provides breadth and depth in key prevention topics. The full execution of the course provides 48 contact hours for each participant, thereby fulfilling the requirement for the Ohio Certified Prevention Specialist Assistant OCPSA level of prevention credentialing.
At the conclusion of the training participants will:
- Have a better understanding of what prevention is (and is not)
- Know what it is communities are trying to prevent
- Understand historical models of prevention
- Demonstrate their understanding of effective prevention principles
- Network with others to share ideas and strengthen collaboration