In one week, the State Medical Board of Ohio will begin accepting petitions to add qualifying medical conditions to the state’s medical marijuana program.
According to the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program, the medical board will start accepting the petitions on November 1.
Petitions need to include:
- The name and contact information
- Specific disease or condition requested to be added
- Information from experts who specialize in the study of the disease or condition
- Relevant medical or scientific evidence
- Consideration of whether conventional medical therapies are insufficient to treat or alleviate the disease or condition
- Evidence supporting the use of medical marijuana to treat or alleviate the disease or condition and other types of medical or scientific documentation
- Letters of support provided by physicians
Petitions need to be filed through the medical marijuana program’s website, medicalmarijuana.ohio.gov between November 1 and December 31. Early petitions will not be accepted.